Friday 16 August 2013

Some Advice Please?

Hey guys,
It's been a while huh? Sorry about that I've been a bit slacked of late. 
Just thought I would inform you guys of something possibly amazing that has come to me this week. 

So I just received an email (which would have go to everyone on my course) from uni offering a once in a life time opportunity.
It was for a photography competition where the prize is a chance to go to the slums of Armenia, Chad or Sri Lanka and document women living in poverty. You also get mentoring as well as working along a magnum photographer (learning from the very best) and £1,000 with all expenses paid for. The photographs will used for Oxfams spring 2014 campaign, which would be a huge Privilege and an amazing way to get your work out there and get recognised. 

Thing is I'm battling with myself as to whether or not I'm worthy of applying and if they would just be wasting their time on me if I got selected. I love documentary photography and it's what I would love to do once my degree is over.

Sadly my parents aren't too keen on the idea of me going to a third world country for work (they aren't massive supporters of what I want to do, they just think photography is about taking pretty pictures, but it's more then that, so much more!)

So do I go for it and if I don't get it then I can say at least I tried or do I not bother and forget about it with the possibility of 10-15years down the line wondering what if? 

Some advice please my lovely readers
Much love x

No comments:

Post a Comment