Friday 14 September 2012

Old Cars

I've been a busy little bee over the last couple of weeks. I've moved into my student accommodation ready for when I start my university course in October and I have also been on holiday. I stayed in the U.K but I think you don't have to always go abroad to have a great time. This year I went to Pickering in North Yorkshire.

Whilst there we went to a small village called Goathland. There wasn't a lot there a few shops, a couple of pubs and a train station that was only used by steam trains, which I must admit was pretty cool as it was used as Hogsmead Station in the Harry Potter movies. Some of you from you UK might even remember a TV show called Heartbeat. It was set in the 60's and it was a bit like a soap opera but was only on once a week. My parents loved the show. Anyways we found an old petrol station/car repair hut that was used in the show and it still had some of the old cars parked at the side of it. 
This is Morris Minor was one of those cars I loved that you could tell that it had just been left to the elements. As you all know I love old things mostly old derelict buildings. However when I saw these cars I couldn't help myself.
I tried to draw some inspiration from Melissa's work from Fractured Porcelain that I showed in a post a couple of months ago. (click the link to go to her facebook page) Her photo's are absolutely amazing, they're such beautiful images and she has such talent for someone of such a young age.
I'm not really sure what else I can really say on this. I apologise for such a short post today. Remember to check out my facebook page as there's plenty more images on there from my trip last month.
I'm going to Brighton in about a month so I'm hoping i'll be able to get some photo's when I visit. If I manage to then I shall post something on here :).

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment